Very often Mac users don’t bother installing additional antivirus software. The system comes with enough security measures to protect the device from malware and other threats. However, the trends changes and more users tend to add some tools or programs to enhance existing protection. Today, we’ll take a look at the most popular solution with the best anti malware tools for Mac users. We’ll learn more about Bitdefender and why it’s the best choice in this situation.
Important aspects to pay attention to when choosing anti-malware software
- First of all, a user should find out how easy it is to download and install the program. The simplicity and convenience are very important aspects worth considering.
- Another step is to discover the impact on the system. Most antivirus programs run in the background and may have a light or a heavy influence on the system’s speed and general performance.
- An interface must also bring convenience. A user needs to pick a beautiful design with a touch of comfort by being able to reach the needed features fast.
- Finally, it’s essential to account for the level of protection. No matter how convenient the program is, there is no use unless it detects and stops threats and malware.
- A price tag can be an issue in some situations, so check that beforehand.
Why is Bitdefender best-suited for the job?
Taking into account all the details we’ve discussed above and applied them to all Mac anti-malware solutions, Bitdefender became the best option. It delivers complete protection. According to the independent testing labs, the engines detect and stop 100% malware. The best thing about it is that both free edition and premium plans secure this result.
Bitdefender is very lightweight and has almost no impact on the system. It’s especially important for gamers because the program doesn’t slow down video games. However, emails might open a couple of seconds later than usual. That’s because the email protection tool scans the letter for malware.
The interface is simple, modern, and convenient. There won’t be lots of pop-up windows, ads, or alerts. Bitdefender makes internal decisions and draws users’ attention only when needed. The program also offers the fastest full scans. Other types of scans available are the system scan and the custom scan. The latter allows choosing a specific folder or file.
Other peculiarities of the program
Aside from excellent malware protection, the software will keep the user’s Mac OS safe from viruses, spyware, rootkit, and cybercriminals. Bitdefender has tools to keep the user’s identity and personal information safe when browsing the Internet.
In case a user picks the free edition, the version will be very basic. While it still runs on the same engines and delivers 100% protection from malware, some other features will be out of limit.
Premium versions have several layers of protection including a VPN. They also have parental control and other tools.
Automated updates maintain complete protection at all times. However, in case you notice there have been no updates for a while, check for the available ones manually.
Picking the best anti-malware solution for Mac can be challenging at times. However, lots of programs offer to enhance protection. Bitdefender is one of them. It stands out delivering 100% malware detection and brings other useful features in the bundle.